
Motivation:
- Elements of Design
- Thinking about line
Art Concepts:
- Contour Lines
Cross Curricular links:
- Science drawings, medical images
- Geometry and shapes in math
- Mapping skills
Equipment and Materials:
- Manila paper
- Pencil
- An object (in this case a shoe)
Step-by-Step Process or Procedure:
1. Discuss the use of line in other art forms
2. Ask students to draw a shoe from memory
3. Have them draw the shoe using an object. Keep the focus on the line of the shoe.
REFLECTION: I have always found contour drawing to be difficult. All through my arts training I would want to use a more expressive line. I have found that for me, a blind contour is often the only way to actually achieve the contour affect. This is a great opening activity to learning about line and drawing principles.
LINK TO THE TEXT: pg 186-187 give some examples of the different types of line ways of going about the principles of drawing.
1 comment:
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment